So, remember how I was flirting with Crossfit? Well, after one intro class and a little reflection, I realized that:
- I don’t want to spend $200 a month on getting fit.
- I might not want to spend every lunch hour in the gym trying to get my money’s worth.
- I want to spend more time outdoors than indoors, particularly on sunny days.
- I need variety or I get bored.
Then I found this place that offers weight training workouts (don’t call it Crossfit) and outdoor running workouts (including weekend runs on park trails around the city) plus yoga (more like yoga-for-athletes than spiritual awakening-type yoga, but still).
It’s not right around the corner from my office, but I think it’s close enough. And I can pay as I go, so I’m not locked into (or inside) a gym. And I can still check out these yoga hikes I’ve been flirting with, and squeeze in my more spiritual-style yoga classes on down (dog) days.
I talk a mean game; now I just have to lace up my shoes and start sweating–wish me luck!
- Crossfit? Call me maybe
- Free DC Workouts—DCfitcrasher.com
- 5 Tips About Nutrition Every (Newly) Vegan Athlete Should Know—VeganRunnerEats.com