Moving towards a vegan diet means using ingredients in new ways. For instance, cashews and almonds used to be something that got sprinkled on top of treats. Now they play a major role in main dishes and breakfast.
Some of my faves: sweet potatoes, red lentils, Asian cabbage (bok choy, Napa, kim chee), cellophane noodles; kale; shiitake mushrooms; coconut milk and coconut oil; butternut squash; Field Roast vegan sausage; millet.
Recipes that use these ingredients
- baked sweet potato fries
- Mesir Wat (Ethiopian red lentils)
- baby bok choy with shitaake mushrooms and cellophane noodles
- the ubiquitous massaged kale salad (and kale chips)
- veggie wontons (use rice wrappers instead of egg wonton wrappers)
- chocolate pudding with vegan whipped cream
- butternut squash burritos (something like these with sprouted grain tortillas and without the fake cheese)
- pizza with tomato, capers, and Field Roast sausage sauce
- I recently jumped the shark and made my own granola. I know!